Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cate Dean Author Interview

I'm happy to welcome Cate Dean, a fellow author I met through the Writer's Guide to Epublishing Street Team. I read her book When Walls Can Talk (fantasy novella) and am so impressed with her writing that I recommend you pick up a copy! She was kind enough to answer a few interview questions to give you a peek into her writing journey and life.

Hello, Cate! How did you get started in writing, and how long have you been writing for?

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I've always made up stories in my head, and finally had to get them out! I got serious about it a few years ago, and here I am, a self-published author.

And I wish you much deserved success! What genre do you enjoy reading? Do you stick with what you write, or play the field?

I'll read just about anything, as long as it's well-written. I started in fantasy, and love that genre - I also write paranormal, because I am a sucker for the spooky and the supernatural, always have been.

What do you find most challenging in the writing process?

Typing fast enough.;) Seriously, though, for me it is getting to the heart of the story. I play the "what if" game, with the plot, a scene, my characters, just to dig deeper. And I never accept the first answer.

That's a great way to keep it fresh. Speaking of which, what do you enjoy most about the writing process?

The first draft. I usually write it in a dead heat, and when I read back over it, I don't remember writing half of it. So reading that draft through the first time really is like the first time.

Ever since finishing When Walls Can Talk I've been waiting for REST FOR THE WICKED--congratulations on the release! What do you have in store for readers next?

I am working on Book 2 of the Claire Wiche Chronicles, my paranormal series, which will be out in July. I am also outlining my next fantasy - book 1 of a YA time travel trilogy coming out early in the fall. And I have a couple short stories in the works - yep, I love to keep busy.


Cate Dean has been writing since she could hold a pen in her hand and put more than two words together on paper. She grew up losing herself in the wilds of fantasy worlds, and has had some of her own adventures while through the UK, and a few other parts of the world. A lover of all things supernatural, she infuses that love into her stories, giving them a unique edge. When she's not writing, she loves cooking, scaring herself silly in the local cemeteries, and reading pretty much anything she can get her hands on.

You can find Cate at:





Cate's book LAST CHANCE JACK is part of the Beach Book Blast May 23-25th--so make sure you mark the calendar and head over Wed-Fri to grab a FREE copy! You can also enter to WIN A KINDLE FIRE!   


Thanks for your time, Cate, and happy reading everyone!

Stacey Joy Netzel

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey,
    thank you so much for having me here today! It was a fun interview.
    ~Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good interview, ladies. Cate - it was nice to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Louise! I never thought I'd enjoy them, but they are more fun than I expected.
    ~Cate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview, Cate. :)

    And Louise and Alicia, too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacey,

    And what is the street team? Its function? How do all of you do all you do and still write?

    Inquiring minds wonder...

    ReplyDelete