Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Meet the Book Blogger: Brianna Lee

Please help me give a warm welcome to Brianna Lee, from Brianna Lee Book Reviews.  She's a little newer to the book blogging world, but she's doing a great job, so let's sit down and chat with her for awhile.


Hello Brianna Lee! When and how did you get started with book blogging? I have been reading for my whole life and always loved to talk about the book when I was finished. I finally decided to begin my own Book Blog in June of 2012. I was very interested in writing real reviews for authors and I learned a Book Blog was a good starting point. So, I gave it a shot, and here I am today having a blast with it! My Blog is still really new but I love it so much =D

That's awesome that you're having so much fun with it. And a key factor in attracting readers!

I see on your website you offer a host of services to include beta-reading, proof-reading, and promo. What can readers expect from your reviews? Readers can always expect HONESTY from my reviews. I will always tell you what I liked and what I thought needed improvements. I try to make my reviews personable, unless specifically advised against. I like to give everyone my honest opinion as a real reader!

Where is your favorite place to read? I love to read anywhere and everywhere. I enjoy reading in my over-sized living room chair and in my bed though. It is just so comfortable! I also really love to read outside - in the shade in the daytime or by the fire at night. I don't nearly get to read outside as much as I would like though =(

Paper books or ebooks— and why? I love them both because it is the story that matters. However, there is just something so special to me about holding a print book in my hands! I love print books, they are more intimate. I love my kindle too though, because I discovered a lot of wonderful authors and titles because of e-books.

What is your favorite genre and is there anything you won’t review? I love all fiction, but my favorite genres are Paranormal/Urban Fantasy and Contemporary Romance. I review pretty much everything as long as it is fiction. If somebody had something they wanted me to review that wasn't fiction, they could e-mail me so we could discuss it.




Have you ever stayed up reading all night even when you had to work the next day, and what was the book you cursed while fighting to stay awake all afternoon? Oh my Gosh!  I have done this too many times! The most recent book I stayed up with all night was "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire.I was so tired the next day but it was so worth it. It was such an AMAZING book! It was impossible to put down. I was definitely very tired the next day when my 2 year old daughter was up nice and early ready to play though!

I've heard a lot about Jamie McGuire's book...and love the cover. I'll definitely have to check it out. And boy, do I remember those days of being so tired from reading, but no choice but to pay the price. 

What is your favorite kind of M&M’s? My favorite kind of M&M's are Peanut! I have never tried the Pretzel kind but I really want to because I think I would like them a lot! Love this question! LOL so random but great! =D

Yeah, I had to throw it in there. :)

What is the most challenging part of book blogging? Rewarding? I think the most challenging part of book blogging is starting it up! It takes a long time to get a lot of followers. I have about 73 followers right now and have had my Blog for almost four months. I think it will be easier when I have more followers and they leave more feedback. Feedback will allow for better posts because I will know what they want. Also, it is a little hard coming up with Blogging Posts sometimes. I would love to post something great every day but I don't have great things to post about that often! I need to work on that some more =)

I think we're all in that boat--coming up with ideas to blog about. At least I know I am.

Do you like to hear from an author after a review? How do you and your fans feel about authors following, reading and posting on your blog? I actually enjoy hearing from authors after a review. As long as the author is not complaining about the review or anything negative though! But, I love hearing from authors when they like my reviews. It means a lot to me that my reviews mean a lot to them. I also don't mind authors following, reading, and posting on my blog. I actually have quite a few author followers!

Can you share with us up to 5 authors who are auto-buy for you? I have a lot of authors that are auto-buy for me. But, five of them are:
  • J.R. Ward
  • Richelle Mead
  • Charlaine Harris
  • Sherrilyn Kenyon
  • Lara Adrian
WOW! That was tough to only pick five HaHa! I love sooo many authors that I feel like I am cheating them by only writing five names!

Those are some great choices. And sorry, but knowing how I myself have been known to say, "Oh, and then there's 'this one' and 'that one', and oh, wait, one more..." I had to limit it. LOL

Do you know how many books currently reside on your To Be Read list? I actually need to update my To Be Read list! But I have over 700 titles on my TBR list right now. But I find new books everyday that I want to add to my reading list! It is honestly probably closer to 1000!!


Find Brianna Lee online:

Wow, that's quite the number! If only we all had more time for reading...

Anyway, thank you so much for visiting today! I enjoyed learning about you and hope my readers did, too.

Blog readers, here's your chance--is there anything you'd like to ask Brianna Lee? Or share some of your favorite authors with her--I'm sure she won't mind adding to that TBR list. Who needs to sleep? *grin*

Stacey Joy Netzel

7 comments:

  1. Brianna, its wonderful to meet you! And you'll have one more follower as soon as I'm finished writing this. ;-)

    J.R. Ward & Lara Adrian are both auto-buys for me as well. And we had Sherrilyn Kenyon as a guest at our writer's conference a few years back. She was amazing, and so personable. :-)

    Of course, I recommend any of Stacey's books. And hopefully, one of my books will make it to your TBR pile as well.

    P.S. Pretzel M&Ms are awesome! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honestly going to run out and get some pretzel m&ms lol! I will add your books to my TBR, as well as Stacey's! Just let me know the titles!

      I also have Colleen Hoover and Jamie McGuire on my auto-buy list now! I am really into the NEW ADULT genre now! I love it so much! Colleen Hoover and a bunch of other fabulous authors are coming to an event in Boston in March. We never get any good book events here so I am soooo excited to go! Its free also! You do have to register though. Its called the Boston Author Event, just in case your in the area at the time!

      Thank you for following my blog as well! You can leave your blog link and I will follow back if you want =D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for providing a worthwhile service, Brianna. Book bloggers are amazing and if I ever give up this author thing, I'm going to join you so I can read, read, read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brianna and Stacey!

    LOL, yes, I have to agree with Donna on the Pretzel M&Ms.

    Brianna...with so many on your TBR list, how do you choose which book to read and when?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview girls,

    And you've another follower once I've finished typing. JR Ward is an autobuy for me too. I love Sherrilyn. Christine Feehan can hit the spot for me too!

    Wow, so many books to read, your eyes will be bleeding!

    Stacey's books are wonderful, love them.
    And maybe one day, you'll find one of mine in your TBR pile!

    Have you read Jillian Dodd for NA, she rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J.R Ward is one of my most favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting interview, ladies. I have just recently read a couple of Stacey's books, and I can heartily recommend them. Talk about staying up all night, I just did it last night reading Trust in the Lawe. Absolutely amazing.

    Brianna, I'll join your blog.

    ReplyDelete